Meet Durban ICC, one of the most advanced conference venues and event facilities in the world.
Durban ICC is ranked as one of the top 10 conference venues in the world – by the International Association of Convention Centres (AIPC). For the past six years in a row, and no less than 15 times in 16 years, it has also been voted as Africa’s leading convention centre – by the World Travel Awards.
In addition, this 5-star rated facility boasts a multitude of other awards & accolades, as well as an impressive list of certifications. These are some of the reasons why the Durban ICC is consistently trending.
The size and stature to handle any event
The star of function venues in Durban, the Durban ICC has three separate convention halls that can be linked to the main venue to create a total capacity of 5,000 delegates or 7,000 m² of open floor space. This can instantly be doubled to accommodate 10,000 delegates –by utilising its sister venue, the Durban Exhibition Centre.
- Colossal space for exhibitions & meetings: Incorporating the Durban Exhibition Centre offers, the Durban ICC offers 33,000 m² of flat, column-free floor space – which is the largest in Africa.
- Banquets, weddings & functions: the premier choice of dignitaries, celebrities & socialites, the venue is renowned for its 5-star service & facilities, glam factor & ability to seamlessly host anywhere between 50 – 4,000 guests.
- Sports events: it boasts a 3900m², multi-purpose indoors venue that is perfect for a wide assembly of indoors sports.
- Concerts & shows: a superb entertainment venue that is able to accommodate up to 10,000 fans & spectators with the greatest of ease.
- Live broadcasts & TV filming: the venue is fully geared for live broadcasts & television production filming, with four on-site generators in case of power disruptions.
Accessible from all corners for the world, close to a world of attractions
A focal point in the City of Durban, Durban ICC is just a half an hour drive away from the King Shaka International Airport & easily reachable via public transport. There are more than 3,600 hotel rooms in close proximity, within a walking distance of 10 minutes.
The facility is also close to a host of top attractions in Durban & it offers easy access to other attractions in the KwaZulu-Natal province.
Frequent host to some of the world’s most prestigious events
Originally opened by former president Nelson Mandela, Durban ICC has a sterling track record for hosting major events & congresses of continental & international importance, including the 123rd International Olympic Committee Session and the 17th Conference of Parties of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, to name but a few.
The venue furthermore frequently stages superstars from around the globe. Its hall of fame to date includes the likes of Enrique Iglesias, Kelly Clarkson, James Blunt & Roxette & is Dane Cook is also scheduled to perform here in September this year.