2016/2017 New Year’s Eve Dinners in Durban
New Year’s Day is one of the most celebrated holidays around the world and that is no different in South Africa. With such a mishmash of cultures that form part of our Rainbow Nation, there is an equally interesting variety of New Year’s traditions. The one thing we all agree on though, is that it is a time to eat, drink and be merry. Here is our pick of some ogf the top 2016/2017 NYE dinners in Durban.
Experience a night at the Taj Mahal
The upmarket, colonial-style Oyster Box Hotel on the beachfront, Umhlanga Rocks, has become the talk of the town with its legendary New Year’s Eve dinners. This year, they’re yet again set to dazzle with a regal “Night at the Taj Mahal” that will enable you to step right into the kind of opulence and grandeur that is typically bestowed upon Indian royalty.
- Cost: R2,500 per person
- Venue: Grill Room, Pearl Room and Ocean Terrace at The Oyster Box
- Address: 2 Lighthouse Rd, Umhlanga, Durban
- Time: 19h00
- Booking: 031 – 514 5000 or email@example.com
Guests will be able to immerse themselves in this marvellous theme by donning exquisite masks and costumes and will enjoy red carpet treatment, top entertainment and delectable art d’ cuisine. Booking is essential.
Top two Oyster Box facts:
- Voted No 1 Top Hotel in South Africa by TripAdvisor’s Traveller’s Choice Awards 2016
- The Grill Room was voted the best hotel restaurant by Gourmet Restaurant Awards 2016
Bid 2016 farewell in absolute glamour and style
Live la vida loca and say au revoir to 2016 fashionably at a red carpet New Year’s Eve affair at the Rainbow Terrace Restaurant at the Hilton Durban. Indulge in a sumptuous buffet, enjoy a glass of bubbly and dance the night away to the tunes of hip, hot and happening live DJs.
- Cost: R795 per person
- Venue: The Rainbow Terrace Restaurant
- Address: The Hilton Hotel, 12-14 Walnut Rd, Durban
- Booking: 031 – 336 8100
Top two Hilton Durban facts:
- An iconic landmark hotel in Durban
- Multiple World Travel Awards for being South Africa’s leading business hotel
Enter 2017 big and bold
Indulge in an extraordinary culinary experience complimented by SA’s premier wines with a Moet Dinner Evening at the Big Easy Winebar & Grill by Ernie Els at the Hilton in Durban. The New Year’s Eve menu includes welcome champagne, cocktail canapes on arrival and a mouth-watering 5-course meal.
- Cost: R1,000 per person
- Venue: Big Easy Winebar & Grill by Ernie Els
- Address: Then Hilton Hotel, 12-14 Walnut Rd, Durban
- Booking: 031 – 336 8166 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For those with a smaller appetite, there is also a NYE Bar Lounge Experience for R395 per person which includes the following:
- Starter platter to share
- Main meal and desert
- Complimentary bottle of Big Easy wine
Many believe that the way you enter the New Year is indicative of how you will spend the rest of the year. Here’s to entering 2017 on a high note while exploring some of the top restaurants that the beautiful coastal city of Durban has offer.