Romantic retreats in KZN that will melt your heart
As the month of love is drawing nigh, we share top romantic retreats in KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) that will make you and your Valentine’s hearts beat faster.
Take your heartbeat’s breath away at Early Mist Lodges in Southern Drakensberg
Located in the heart of the awe-inspiring Southern Drakensberg, the ultra-secluded Early Mist Lodges, one of the Sani Valley Nature Lodges, is romance personified.
- Dedicated “honeymoon lodges” with 5-star trimmings.
- Champagne and cholates on arrival.
- Private decks with built-in Jacuzzis.
- Charming feature bedrooms with breezy bay windows.
- Fireplaces for those rainy days.
- Breath-taking views of the mountains and lake.
Simply enjoy your togetherness in this serene, naturally beautiful setting. Opt to go out on the boat for a picnic lunch, do horseback game viewing. Or indulge in a relaxing couples massage – all available on the premises. For more info, go to www.sanivalley.co.za.
Create photo album moments at The Concierge Boutique Bungalows in Durban
Voted Number 1 by TripAdvisor; The Concierge Boutique Bungalows with its elegant fusion of modern quirkiness and 1920’s architecture is simply melt-worthy. Just a 5-minute drive away from the iconic Moses Mabhida stadium, it is perfect for a quick Valentine’s getaway:
- Impeccable, high-end luxury.
- Air-conditioned, soundproof rooms with ultra contemporary finishes.
- Roomy, lavishly stocked bathrooms.
- Minibars and coffeemakers in each room.
- A leafy terrace, lovely breakfast room and hip café on the premises.
- Options for romantic downturn and special requests.
Reviews from guests on TripAdvisor include comments like “beautiful building”, “excellent quality of food”, “… very private” and “staff went the extra mile.” For more information or special Valentines packages or rates, go to www.the-concierge.co.za.
Find everything your hearts could possibly desire at Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve, deep in the Zululand Bushveld.
The multiple award-winning Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve in Hluhluwe derives its name from the word “love” in Zulu. And for couples with a penchant for extravagance and luxuriousness, there could be no better place to reaffirm their love.
- 9 Bush suites that are the very epitome of opulence.
- Individual wooden decks, each with its own plunge pool.
- Circular daybeds atop thatched outdoor salas.
- Dinners served in your own private boma.
- Imperial master bedrooms and spacious lounges with double-sided fireplaces.
- Bathtubs big enough for two and vanities with his-and-hers basins.
- Both in – and outdoor showers
From lighting candles at dinner to strewing petals on the linen – the staff at Thanda is known for pulling out all the stops to create an ambient setting for affairs of the heart. For more information on their honeymoon packages and special rates, go to www.thanda.com.
Sandy toes and salty kisses at Zimbali Beach Resort Hotel in Ballito
Nestled between the Indian Ocean and a forest reserve, the exquisite Zimbali Coastal Resort offers the perfect blend of unspoiled shorelines, lush rolling hills and indigenous plant life. The Zimbali Beach Resort Hotel has 154 extremely well-appointed rooms with unparalleled ocean views.
- A choice of deluxe and sea view rooms or penthouse and presidential suites.
- Oversized verandas with timeless décor in natural textures.
- Large, luxurious bathtubs.
- A range of delectable fine dining options to suit the most discerning palates.
- A world-class spa with top therapies and treatments.
When it comes to rates for luxury beach getaways, Zimbali takes pride in guaranteeing “the best rate period.” For special couples rates and bookings, go to www.zimbalihotel.com.