033 413 1115 (Telephone)
033 417 1393 (Fax)
Physical Address41 Bell St
Postal AddressPO Box 71
Kranskop and Hermannsburg
The tiny village of Kranskop dates back to 1894, when it was called Hopetown - only to be renamed with the Afrikaans-language description of a striking rocky landmark on the nearby escarpment. Two openings in this sandstone outcrop led to it featuring in Zulu folklore with tales of cannibalism...the mountain opening its twin mouths to entice unwary victims into its depths.
The British built several fortifications on the escarpment during the Anglo-Zulu War, and faint reminders of Fort Buckingham remain visible near a small quarry close to the village.
Hermannsburg is a small village which was established by German Missionaries in 1854.
For more information regarding Kranskop and Harmannsburg attractions and KwaZulu-Natal registered service providers, please use the following menu.