(036) 635 4231 (Telephone)
(036) 637 2992 (Fax)
Physical AddressSir George Street
Postal AddressPO Box 29
The building housing the museum is the toll house, which was erected in 1879 on the Colenso side of the river at a cost of 300 pounds.The first man to occupy this quaint little building was W.R. Steward, the tollkeeper.It was later converted into a battle museum and named after Dr R.E. Stevenson, the military historian and former director of Natal Hospital Services.This little museum is well worth visiting with many interesting items on display and also a diorama of the battle of Colenso.