(033) 347 6249 (Telephone)
(033) 347 1633 (Fax)
Physical Address458 Town Bush Road
Postal AddressP.O. Box 2685
The first of its kind in South Africa, the lab was established by the Natal Government in 1898 to control Rinderpest, a deadly cattle disease. Its first director was Col. Pitchford, who achieved enviable results in disease control. The lab became an adjunct to Onderstepoort. It is a national monument.