Select a Region


Filter by

Places Found

Show only bookable

Centenary Hut Hike

(033) 845 1000

From the Injisuthi camp hike along the Injisuthi River follow the path using the map 10km and ascending 700m to Centenary hut hike.

Chelmsford Dam

Chelsmford Nature Reserve, No.11 Ladysmith Road, 2942

Named after the British commander of the Anglo- Zulu war.

Chelmsford Nature Reserve

N11 Ladysmith Road, Ballengeich, Newcastle, 2942

Chelmsford Nature Reserve is situated on the Ngangane River in northern KwaZulu-Natal less than three hours drive from Gauteng. It is the third largest dam in KwaZulu-Natal and is an excellent venue for swimming and rela...

Chieveley Garden of Remembrance

(036) 4222111

Site of a field hospital. Final resting place of Lt. Freddie Roberts V.C. son of Field Marshall Lord Roberts

Chieveley Military Cemetery

Chieveley, 3360

(036) 352 6253

In this cemetery, together with many others fallen during the Anglo-Boer war (and especially during the actions along the Thukela), Lord Roberts’s son Freddy lies buried.

Churchill Capture Site

(036) 3526253

Site where an armoured train was derailed by the Boers, resulting in the capture of the war correspondent - Winston Churchill

Clouston Garden of Rememberance

R 103, Colenso, 3360

(036) 637 2992

On 15 December1899, Buller's first attempt to cross the Thukela River and relieve Ladysmith met with disaster at the battle of Colenso. Memorials and graves have been moved to this site , which was Gen. Buller's headqu...

Clouston Garden of Remembrance

(036) 4222111

General Bullers headquarters during the battle of Colenso - 15 December 1899. The final resting place of soldiers killed in this battle and in skirmishes in the area.

Colenso Battlefield

On 15 December 1899, General Buller advanced on the lines of defence that had been set up by General Louis Botha along the Thukela river. The purpose of this offensive was to relieve the besieged town of Ladysmith. The B...

Colenso Museum

Sir George Street, Colenso, 3360

The building housing the museum is the toll house, which was erected in 1879 on the Colenso side of the river at a cost of 300 pounds.The first man to occupy this quaint little building was W.R. Steward, the tollkeeper.I...